Gothic Quarter of Barcelona
Located in the district of Ciutat Vella, in the heart of the city, the Gothic Quarter (Barri Gotic) is the oldest and one of the most beautiful areas of Barcelona core. The friendly neighborhood is bounded porlas Ramblas, Via Laietana, Passeig de Colón and Plaza Catalunya.
Born on the ruins of Roman Barcino, Barcelona's medieval led to the construction of churches and gothic palaces that caused the disappearance of most of the Romanesque remains.
The narrow, winding medieval streets of the Gothic Quarter of Barcelona make the ideal place to enjoy the city center without haste, enjoying the preserved remains of the glorious past of the city scene.
What to see in the Gothic Quarter
The Gothic Quarter of Barcelona has many attractions for all tastes, among which we could highlight the following:
• Cathedral of Santa Eulalia: Also known as La Seu, the Cathedral is a famous example of Catalan Gothic architecture dating from the fourteenth century.
• Plaza Sant Jaume: political center of Barcelona, is the place where the town hall and the Palau de la Generalitat de Catalunya is located.
• Carrer del Bisbe: Pleasant pedestrian road linking Sant Jaume Square with the Cathedral.
• Real Plaza: Located just off Las Ramblas, this striking neoclassical square is one of the most enjoyable and lively area.
• Plaza del Rey: See the Royal Palace from the early Middle Ages, houses a set of medieval buildings housing part of the Museum of City History. The museum includes interesting excavations allow to know the city from its Roman foundation in the first century BC Barcelona to the Middle Ages.
• Portal de L'Angel Street: Composes a more pleasant and complete commercial lasarterias city.
• Nova Square: Located in the vicinity of laCatedral, this cozy square still retains some of its two ancient Roman towers.
• Frederic Marès Museum: Located in a part of the old Palace of the Counts of Barcelona made a unique space in which the works of Frederic Marès collector exposed.
• Jewish Quarter: Although the neighborhood known as The Call was abolished over 600 years ago, you can still find some remains of what was the Jewish quarter of the city.
Some good reasons to book with us
"REDING CROMA HOTEL OFFICIAL WEBSITE!"
"BEST PRICE ONLINE GUARANTEED!"